AtomJump Messaging Client
(sometimes called the ‘loop’ project)
Is available from https://github.com/atomjump/loop#loop or you can add this to your site from http://atomjump.org/wp/add-atomjump-messaging-to-your-site/
This tool provides a ‘WhatsApp-like’ group discussion forum from a popup on your website. It is good for general messaging, either within a company or family, in either a private or public setting.
Private forums on the hosted AtomJump.com hosted platform are purchased for US$10 / year to cover the (non-profit) Foundation’s costs, but public forums are free, within reason.
Supported client platforms: IE8 upwards, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Android Native, Android Chrome, Android Firefox, iPad, iPhone, Opera. There may be other supported platforms we haven’t tested on.
See the demo at AtomJump
You can adjust the styling by making changes to the CSS file for your project.
With bower from within the root of your project path:
bower install atomjump
Run atomjump/index.html in your browser. You should see a ‘Click me for comments’ link. Click this to see the pop-up. For WordPress instructions, see below.
Look carefully at the index.html example.
The code between
<!-- AtomJump Feedback Starts -->
<!-- AtomJump Feedback Ends -->
should be put into your page’s
Links can be added to the comments with
must be placed anywhere in the
Note: jQuery ver 1.9.1 is used. Other jQuery versions will likely work also.
- Adjust ‘uniqueFeedbackId’ value to a unique value to suit your forum’s name. This can be unique per page or the same throughout the whole site.
- For messaging usage, refer to the Messaging guide at http://atomjump.org/wp/user-guide/
You can do this three different ways. The simplest is to set the link’s href to ‘”#comment-open-‘ followed by the forum name:
<a href="#comment-open-my_different_forum_name">Open special forum</a>
Or, you can add the ‘comment-open’ class to a link with an ‘id’ referring to the forum name:
Or, for further control over the owner of the forum, you can add the following data tags, and enter your own names/ips:
You can add the ‘shortmail’ data tag e.g.
Or, you can use an href “#shortmail-open-” class:
<a href="#email-open-my_shortmail_forum_name">Open shortmail forum</a>
to the ajFeedback object.
Note: your css file must be on an https server, if your server is using https.
or for atomjump.com’s web-service:
- email Your AtomJump Loop email address from the standard interface
Your AtomJump Loop password
The particular forum to view. Note: include ‘ajps_’ at the start of this string for x.atomjump.com forums.
There is a limit of 2000 records per request. To download more, include the ‘id’ of the last record, from the previous download request, in this field.
Which returns a JSON object. Included for reporting is a ‘sentiment’ field which measures how positive the comment is (< 0 negative, 0= neutral, > 0 positive).
Include the following parameters along with 1,2, and 3 above.
- format Set to ‘avg’
- duration Period over which to average in seconds.
The response will be an average over the last period of all the message sentiment values. This will be expressed as a single number eg. 5.324. Note: it can take up to 1 minute before any new message’s sentiment will be calculated.
- Install the ‘Header and Footer’ plugin. https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/
- Install AtomJump using ‘bower’ as described above in your WordPress folder.
- Go into ‘Settings->Header and Footer’, and enter the two sections below (adjusting any paths required to fit your installation)
- Any link’s address (i.e. the ‘href’) on the page can now start with ‘#comment-open-‘, followed by the forum name and it will open a popup.
- Copy into the ‘ SECTION INJECTION’ section:
- Copy into the ‘BEFORE THE CLOSING TAG (FOOTER)’ section:
<!-- Any link on the page can start with '#comment-open-', followed by the forum name and it will open a popup --> <div id="comment-holder"></div><!-- holds the popup comments. Can be anywhere between the <body> tags -->
For more details see http://atomjump.org